Hearing Loss Prevention | Hearing Loss Resources
Hearing Loss Prevention
- Acoustical Society of America (ASA)
- ASA is the leading publisher of standards on virtually all aspects of acoustic science including mechanical vibration and shock, bioacoustics, noise, and...
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
- Health and safety info services, with links to CCOHS' BBS and database system.
- Criteria for a Recommended Standard Occupational Noise Exposure - Revised
- Education and Information Division Division of...
- Farm Safety
- This site is designed for those working in farm safety, including farm managers, parents, teachers and the farming community.
- HEARNET! Hearing Education Awareness for Rockers
- Industrial Noise & Vibration
- High levels of noise and vibration in manufacturing facilities and industrial workplaces have become an important health...
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- Members include individuals with a professional involvement in occupational safety and health
- Manitoba Workplace Safety and Health Division
- Government agency with responsibility for administering safety and health legislation/regulation in all Manitoba regulated workplaces.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health
- Noise and Hearing Loss Prevention.
- Noise Abatement
- OSHA has once again targeted noise and hearing conservation as one of its top rulemaking priorities for 1997.
- Occupational Safety and Health
- Gateway for safety and health information resources.
- Professional Review
- The Professional Review sub-element provides access to various records managed by HearSaf 2000 for those persons with responsibility..
- Safety, Health and Environment Intra Industry Benchmarking Association (SHEiiBA)
- Training and Motivation
- The Training and Motivation sub-element is one of the most important in HearSaf 2000. It is linked to the Scheduling sub-element.
- University of Western Ontario - Occupational Health and Safety
back to top
Hearing Loss Resources
- Auditory-Verbal International, Inc.
- AVI - providing the choice of listening and speaking for children who are deaf or hard of hearing through education, advocacy, and family support.
- The Aural Habilitation Page
- Better Hearing Institute
- Hearing Help On-Line. Information on hearing loss, tinnitus, and hearing aids, as well as a directory of hearing care providers.
- Dr. Dave's Deaf and Hard of Hearing Web Links
- Dr. Dave's Deaf and Hard of Hearing Links - includes links to Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology, Medicine & Technology, and Medical Journals on the WWW.
- Hard of Hearing - from the Mining Company
- Hearing and Hearing Disorders - Judith Kuster's page of Links
- Here can be found a virtual "textbook of pointers" to information on the Internet about hearing and hearing disorders.
- Hearing Concern
- This U.K. site aims to provide information about hearing loss and ways it's impact can be lessened.
- Self Help for Hard of Hearing People (SHHH)
- The mission of SHHH is to open the world of communication to people with hearing loss by providing information, education, support and advocacy.
back to top