General Information | Acoustic Neuroma | Anatomy and Physiology of Hearing | Audiology | Central Auditory Processing Disorder | Cochlear Implants | Depression | Diseases Related to Hearing Loss (Other) | Otolaryngology | Psychology | Speech-Language Pathology | Stress | Tinnitus and Meniere's Disease | Vestibular Disorders
- The mission of HealthEcho.com is to help business and professional searchers find what they are looking for, by compiling a comprehensive web directory.
- Healthlinks (Net and Com) is an Internet site that provides the energy, cutting-edge information and networking knowledge of a group of volunteer healthcare, Internet and computer experts to bring you healthcare sites on the World-Wide Web. The core of Healthlinks.net is the largest healthcare specific searchable database on the Internet with over 140,000 links and growing at the rate of up to 5% per month.
- Net Wellness
- Consumer Health Information.
- Test: Hearing (ADULT)
- Delivering an online pure tone hearing screening test for virtually anyone - anywhere in the Internet connected world.
- Women's Health Matters
- A virtual meeting place where women of all ages can find reliable, current information about their health needs from experts at Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Sciences Centre and the Centre for Research in Women's Health in Toronto.
Acoustic Neuroma (a.k.a. Vestibular Schwannoma)
- Acoustic Neuroma Association (ANA) - Homepage
- A patient member organization, providing information and support to persons diagnosed with or treated for acoustic neuroma and other benign tumors of the cranial nerves.
- Acoustic Neuroma Resources
- Cranial Base Center - MGH/MEEI/Harvard
- Neurosurgery at the Massachusetts General is a major service utilizing almost 10% of the hospital's beds and encompassing the full range of contemporary neurosurgical practice. The Service uses a multidisciplinary approach to provide a complete range of services for the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of patients with neurological disorders.
- Management of Acoustic Neuromas
- By Robert G. Ojemann, M.D. of Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital.
- NIH Consensus Development Conference Statement on Acoustic Neuroma
- The 1991 Consensus Development Conference on Acoustic Neuroma was convened to consider how patients can acquire an accurate diagnosis and to review the best options for management of this disease, including primary therapy, followup, and rehabilitation.
- Preservation of Useful Hearing in Resection of Acoustic Neuroma (Vestibular Schwannoma)
- The introduction of computerized tomography and magnetic resonance imaging has made possible the diagnosis of small acoustic neuromas.
Anatomy and Physiology of Hearing
- Cochlear Fluids Research Laboratory
- MIT - Cochlear Micromechanics Group
- The Whole Brain Atlas - Images
- American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Professional, scientific, and credentialing association for audiologists, speech-language pathologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists.
- Audiologist OnLine
- Real answers to your questions about hearing.
- British Association of Audiological Scientists
- The society is one of the largest audiology societies in Europe and has a worldwide membership. It is open to those interested in audiology.
- Canadian Academy of Audiology
- The Canadian Academy of Audiology is a professional organization dedicated to enhancing the profession of Audiology, the provision of quality hearing health care and education to those with, or at risk for, hearing and/or vestibular disorders.
- Canadian Association of Speech Language Pathologists & Audiologists
- CASLPA is the professional organization representing speech-language pathologists and audiologists in Canada.
- National Centre for Audiology
- Canada's preeminent centre of excellence in the field of hearing health care, the National Centre for Audiology (NCA) houses Canada's largest educational and research programs in the field.
- National Student Speech Language Hearing Association
- A pre-professional membership association for students interested in the study of communication sciences and disorders.
- Thibodeau's Centre for Hearing Health and Communication
- Thibodeau's Centre for Hearing Health and Communication offers a full range of audiological testing, rehabilitation therapies, children's clinic, assistive listening devices and real-time captioning for hard of hearing individuals and the public.
Central Auditory Processing Disorder
- Central Auditory Processing Disorders
- Central Auditory Processing Disorders - Parents' Page
- This web site is intended for the parents whose child has been diagnosed with CAPD or suspect their child may have the disorder.
- AllHear,Inc.'s Web Site - Featuring CI Mongraphs
- A company which designs, manufactures and sells cochlear implants.
- Advanced Bionics (Cochlear Implants)
- Cochlear Implant Association Inc.
- A non-profit organization dedicated to educating and supporting cochlear implant recipients and their families; advocating and promoting cochlear implants.
- Dr. William House (Implant Pioneer) - "Cochlear Implants: My Perspective"
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders
- Nucleus' Cochlear Implant
- Children and Depression
- Coping with Depression
- Depression Resources
- A compilation of depression-related resources on the net.
- Wing of Madness: A Depression Guide
- A layman's guide to depression, including links to relevant Internet sources.
Diseases Related to Hearing Loss (Other)
- Wax Blockage
- Definitions, causes, incidence, risk factors, prevention, symptoms.
- Association for Research in Otolaryngology
- An international association of scientists and physicians dedicated to scientific exploration among all of the disciplines in the field of otolaryngology. Research efforts involve the ear, nose, head, neck and related functions including hearing, balance, speech, taste and smell among others.
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Index - Otolaryngology Resources on the Internet - from the department of Otolaryngology at Baylor College of Medicine.
- Dr. Grossan's Ear, Nose and Throat Doctor - On-line Consultant
- John Hopkins University - Center on Hearing and Balance
- The goal of the Center is to perform research and train new investigators, for both basic and clinical applications. Research is centered on auditory (hearing) and vestibular (balance) function in normal subjects and in patients with hearing or balance disorders.
- Otolarnygology - Core Curriculum @ Baylor College
- The Core Curriculum Syllabus was developed by the Baylor College of Medicine Department of Otolaryngology and Communicative Sciences Faculty as a guide to otolaryngology for medical students.
- Shea Clinic - Memphis, TN
- Canadian Psychological Association
- Clinical Psychology Resources
- For clinical and abnormal psychology. Covers disorders, behavioral medicine, psychotherapy, assessment, departments, organizations, journals and more.
- European Health Psychology Society
- A professional organisation formed to promote empirical and theoretical research in and applications of health psychology within Europe as well as the interchange of information related to heath psychology with other associations throughout the world towards an international achievement of these aims.
- Psychology Organizations on the Web
- Provides web links to a variety of psychology organizations and psychology resource pages.
- Journal of Health Psychology
- Health Psychology is a scholarly journal devoted to furthering an understanding of scientific relationships between behavioral principles on the one hand and physical health and illness on the other.
- American Rehabilitation Inc.
- Providers of physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech-language pathology services.
- Mountain Land Physical Therapy
- Provides rehab services in the areas of physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech language pathology.
- National Speech/Language Therapy Center
- Family-oriented practice specializing in treating speech, language, reading, and behavioral difficulties.
- How to Survive Unbearable Stress
- Illustrated web book explains the medical basis of stress, depression, anxiety and drug abuse.
Tinnitus and Meniere's Disease
- American Tinnitus Association
- The ATA is a nonprofit organization that promotes prevention, treatment and research for the hearing impairment known as ringing ears or head noises. Includes links to the latest research results, self-help networks and a quarterly journal.
- Canadian Tinnitus & Hyperacusis Centre
- The Canadian clinic is a comprehensive resource center for people who want to learn about or receive relief from head noises and ringing ears. Includes information about Tinnitus Retraining Therapy and instructions for making an appointment.
- Causes of Tinnitus
- Some answers provided by the American Academy of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery.
- Meniere's Disease
- Sonus Center for Tinnitus
- One of the leading clinics in the country in the treatment of Tinnitus.
- Tinnitus & Hyperacusis Center
- Tinnitus sufferers seeking relief via retaining therapies can review the clinical program offerings available at the University of Maryland. Includes an introduction to personnel, details on the therapies offered, and a suggested reading list.
- Tinnitus and Hyperacusis Site
- Tinnitus FAQ
- Tinnitus: New Hope for a Cure
- Author Paul Van Valkenburgh has written a book filled with tinnitus-related scientific information for laypeople and doctors alike. Read a synopses, selected excerpts or even the book's complete index online.
- Tinnitus Online Support
- Some of the best help comes from other people who've been there. These pages are an attempt to aid online communication between people with tinnitus.
- Tinnitus Research
- A UK-based tinnitus charity that focuses on funding medical, scientific and social research into tinnitus.
- University of Washington's Department of Otolaryngolgy
- Provides information on Hearing and Balance Disorders.
- Vestibular Disorders
- Vestibular Disorders Association (VEDA)
- A nonprofit organization that serves people with vestibular disorders by providing access to information, offering a support network, and elevating awareness of the challenges associated with these disorders.
- Vestibular Rehabilitation: Treating the Dizzy Patient