Certificate of Recognition
The Certificate of Recognition is a printed award for hearing members of CHHA, or for persons or organizations who are not members of CHHA, who have provided outstanding or significant service to the hard of hearing community. A Branch, Chapter, National President, National Executive and National Board can select and present one Certificate of Recognition annually.
- Nominees may or may not be members of CHHA
- Nominees have provided outstanding or significant service to persons who are hard of hearing.
- May have contributed to improved access for the hard of hearing community by effective lobbying to promote the installation of assistive listening devices for the hard of hearing community.
- Are the first organization of its type in its community to provide listening devices for the hard of hearing (ie. first theatre, church, auditorium etc).
- May have made a large financial contribution or continuing grant to CHHA.
- May have made substantial donation of time, services, materials, resources and/or meeting space.
The nomination must include a brief pertinent biographical sketch on the nominee, together with a complete description of the nominee's activity to be awarded. In the case of an organization, a brief description of its purpose and location is required, together with a detailed description of its work for the hard of hearing.
For an alternative format, please contact the CHHA National Office.