- The Bette Moulton Award
- The Marilyn Dahl Award of Merit
- The Charles Laszlo Award of Technical Excellence
- The Winnifred C. Cory Award of Merit
- The Lynn Wheadon Education Award
- Cantlie Community Development and Community Relations National Award
- The Young Adult Award of Excellence
- The Dr. Norah Browne Professional Award
The Winnifred C. Cory Award of Merit
The Winnifred C. Cory Award of Merit recognizes a hearing member of CHHA who has contributed outstanding service to the work of the Canadian Hard of Hearing Association at the National, Chapter (provincial/territorial) or Branch level.
Winnifred Cory spent all of her teaching life helping the deaf and hard of hearing. She was a founding member of the CHHA Branch in Saskatoon. She taught speechreading at branch meetings and encouraged the branch to carry out an "Outreach" project in order to reach the hard of hearing in Saskatoon and the surrounding district. Through her efforts many hard of hearing people and their spouses have received support and information of coping strategies and assistive listening devices to help them accept their hearing loss.
This award is so named to commemorate Miss Winnifred Cory's dedication to serving deaf and hard of hearing people.
- Nominees for the Winnifred C. Cory Award of Merit must be hearing members of CHHA
- Nominees should have contributed extraordinary or unique service for deaf or hard of hearing persons at the National, Chapter (provincial/territorial) or Branch level
Nominations must include a pertinent biological sketch of no more than 500 words, of the nominee and a complete description of the nominee's activity to be awarded. Previous recipients of this award are:
|June 1999||Gordon Miller|
|May 2000||Sandra German|
|June 2001||William Salt|
|May 2002||Michael Di Giacomo|
|May 2003||Lynda Cobb|
|May 2004||John Lush|
|June 2005||CHHA-Newfoundland Parents of |
Hard of Hearing Children Support Branch
|June 2006||Norman Funk|
|May 2007||Doug Kingdon|
|July 2008||Lois Pijl|
|May 2009||Sharon Mason|
|June 2010||Anne Griffin|
|June 2011||Paul Brown|
|May 2012||Ian Sutherland|
|May 2013||Ryan Gordon|
For an alternative format, please contact the CHHA National Office.